Sunday 2 January 2011

Modeling and texturing for the bar and back room

ive made a safe and some wads of cash


These will be for the back room of the bar like an office.



As reference for the safe i found a historical societies website which included images of a safe from the 1920's

http://www.westsachistoricalsociety.org/OldSafe.cfm






 Here is the image i based my model on.





The texture used for this was from a genuine 1920's american $100 bill.

I uv mapped the image on to the faces of rectagles to make bank notes.



























 

I had to make a leather style sofa which was to be a vip booth.  I originally textured it as a black leather. this however did not look great and didn't really fit the 1920's styling. I wanted to make tufted leather but this was proving tricky.

However alex managed to come up with this brown tufted leather texture. Which was perfect i then took this and added it to my model.







This was the outcome. Much better than the first attempt. thats teamwork for you.

The back room was lacking models so I made this violin case, this is to be open on a table with a tommy gun in it. The tommy gun has already been modeled by alex.

Not my best model but as its only a setting for the tommy gun the fact that the detail is low shouldn't matter too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment