Wednesday 12 January 2011

Cinematography

After testing, I came up with the final  camera shots for the bar.

here are examples of cameras which will be used in the final piece.





I chose these angles because I felt they showed off the different areas of the bar well whilst also incorporating interesting and different shots.

I used the storyboards josh had done as reference but ended up changing most of them slightly or incorporating movement into the shots more.

The one seen on the left was one of my favourite angles. Having a shot from up by a ceiling fan was something which I had come up with when the idea for the bar was first conceived.

Cinematography is one of my favourite things to do. I like how with the right cameras you can add atmosphere to the piece. The speed in which the      cameras move was important for two reasons.

Firstly I wanted to make the piece feel atmospheric and give it slow and fairly dramatic feel but secondly we had to be able to show the models, texturing and lighting well as that was the nature of the project in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment