Thursday 13 January 2011

and finally...

The Digital environments project has by far been my favourite project since I started at Ravensbourne. It has given me the opportunity to make something I'm genuinely proud of, whilst enjoying the process of making it.

Modeling, Texturing and Cinematography have always been the things I enjoy the most and this project was perfect for me to show these skills off. The group I was in also helped, everyone pulled their weight and were helpful in any way they could be. From the start plenty of work was being done. However, I ended up taking the reigns and organising people as we had let the communication and organisation slip over the Christmas break. However once everyone was back on track it was fairly easy to get the last pieces of the puzzle complete.

I'm very happy with the way our film has come out and hope anyone else who sees it will enjoy it too.
The atmosphere we were going for has been hit as far as I'm concerned and definitely feels like something film noir-esque. The models have enough detail to make the piece realistic too.

In a way it's a shame the project had to end when it did. There was plenty more we could have done with the film, had we been able to make it longer and have more time to make it. It would have been nice to include more character animation but there simply was not the time to make it to the standard we would have needed. This however may be something we look into in the future.

I just hope my next project is as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment