Thursday 2 December 2010

looking into art deco designs.

Having looked at my models and designs for props. It occurred to me that I was not incorporating the art deco element of design in enough.

To combat this I decided to research Art Deco a bit more and try and learn more if its styling.

Here are some images I looked at.

This is a pool table, with art deco styling, Im currently in the process of modeling a pool table. This image was important, as the Pool table is quite a big feature within the bar so will most likely get a decent amount of screen time. And I wanted it to fit in with the styling of the rest of the bar
This is an image of a mirrored bar. I thought it might be a nice touch to the bar if if we could do something along these lines.

I like how it incorporates the art deco styling.


This is a picture I found of an art deco styled restaurant. I like the lighting of the place.
This is great reference for my modeling as from this i can see how all the props seem to follow the same style even though they are all massively different is size a shape.



As well as images i have been looking at films to try and get an idea for what an actual speak easy might have looked like. 

Bugsy Malone seemed to show the bar quite well through one of the songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNfB58oBjA0

As well as Bugsy Malone I tried to find other films set around the 1920's
I watched The Untouchable and Public enemies. These are both gangstar films set around the time of prohibition.





No comments:

Post a Comment